- Avoid travelling during weekends.
- Travelling on an overnight crossing is more expensive
as accommodation is mandatory.
- 5 day return the 5 days are calculated from the
time you arrive in France.
- Cheapest travelling times are: Outward – Sunday
to Thursday, return – Monday to Friday.
- Travelling on the fast craft is more expensive than
the conventional ferry.
- Plymouth to Santander: Sailing days from Plymouth
to Santander are Mondays and Wednesdays. Sailing days from
Santander to Plymouth are Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- The Condor Vitesse and the Condor Express have been
introduced since 1994, which are two of the world's most
advanced car ferries. These express services offer journey
times of 2 hours between Guernsey and the UK, 3 hours between
Jersey and the UK, and less than an hour in between the
two Channel Islands
- The all-year-round conventional ferry operates every
day apart from Sunday between the Channel Islands and Portsmouth
at night and between Portsmouth and the UK during the day
- Condor aim to compete in the quality of their customer
service. They send all of their staff on the English Tourist
Board's training course in customer care and service excellence
- the 'Welcome Host Programme'.
- Eurotunnel is the operator of the high speed transport
system which links the UK and France through the Channel
Tunnel, running between Folkestone and Calais.
- Avoid travelling outbound on Fridays and Saturdays
and avoid returning on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Travelling at off peak times will reduce the price.
- Great deals available including accommodation.
- Reach France in just 35 minutes.
- Dover - Calais route, will cross
in around 1 hour with up to 15 daily return departures during
the peak season.
- Excellent 1st Class option available on all routes.
- Avoid weekend travel, this is usually more costly.
- Off peak travelling times are subject to change.
- Avoid travelling weekends.
- Overnight sailings more expensive than conventional
ferries- accommodation is mandatory.
- 5 day return- from the time arriving to France.
- Cheapest travelling times: Outward- Sunday to Thursday,
return – Monday to Friday.
- Travelling on a fast craft more expensive than conventional
- Portsmouth to Bilbao: Sailing days from Portsmouth
to Bilbao on Tuesdays and Saturdays at 20:00. Sailings from
Bilbao to Portsmouth on Mondays and Thursdays at 12:30
- P & O is a major ferry operator, and P &
O Ferries is a household name in the UK. Routes are operated
for freight, and tourist passengers between the UK and Ireland,
France, Spain, Belgium and Holland.
- Avoid travelling weekends
- Cheapest time to travel are: outward – between
6:00 and 14:00, return – between 13:00 and 23:00.
- 5-Day return: for excursions up to and including
120 hours duration.
Stena Line, the world's leading ferry company, offers you a range of frequent, fast and conventional
ferry services to Ireland and Holland from the UK.
- Avoid travelling weekends.
- Stena Line has been voted the best overall ferry
operator by many travel organisations across the UK and
Europe. No other ferry operator offers more choice of crossing
style. Their modern fleet includes the Stena HSS (High-speed
Sea Service), the world's largest fast ferry, is the ideal
choice if time is of the essence when travelling to Ireland
or Holland. The HSS, the size of a football stadium, is
powered by jet engines and is capable of speeds of up to